We all go through this phase of sudden pimple breakouts once in of lives. In our teenage years, we suffer a lot because of hormonal imbalance, unhealthy food habits, stress and environmental pollutants.
Let me tell you an Ayurvedic remedy to cure pimples of their roots and how we can prevent them from recurring.
All the ingredients I am going to talk about are organic and 100% natural. These are easily available here in India but may not be easily available in other countries. You can replace them with the dried version of these herbs.
So this remedy comprises of 4 steps;
- Face pack
- Face sheet mask
- Ice Massaging
It is a complete treatment so try not to skip any step and follow these steps for 2-3 days a week at least for a month to see the visible difference on your skin.
Let’s talk about which ingredients we will be needing for each of these 4 steps.
For this pimple remedy, we need 3 basic ingredients.
Neem leaves are known for their antiseptic, anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
Neem leaves is nature’s boon to us and they help to solve all our problems related to health, teeth, hair care and skincare.
In Indian villages, many people still use the stem of the neem tree as a toothbrush to clean their mouth naturally and it is by far the most effective natural way of cleaning our mouth.
Neem leaves infused water is used to cure many skin infections and hair or scalp infections.
Neem tree overall is very useful to mankind. Neem tree leaves, stems, flowers, fruits, roots all of its parts are useful and effective in our many day to day problems.
Holy basil leaves
There is a reason it has been given the title ‘Holy’.
Holy basil or Tulsi (In India) is very beneficial for us. Be it to boost our immunity or to treat ailments and infections.
It is milder as compared to Neem, but it heals us gently.
Holy basil has anti bacterial, anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties which relieves our skin from acne, skin infections and black heads.
It contains Vitamin-k and antioxidants which protects and repairs our skin cells gently and promotes healthy blemish free skin.
Marigold or Calendula flowers has anti fungal, anti inflammatory and anti bacterial properties.
Marigold flower infusions, oils, tinctures are used to treat many skin infections and to cure wounds.
It is a natural and safest antiseptic. This is the reason marigold oil is also used to treat baby diaper rash.
Marigold flower petals are known to contain 5 essential compound which are responsible to provide antioxidant protection to our skin, soothes the inflamed skin and reduces skin infection related discomfort.
In ancient times people used to crush the marigold flower petals and directly apply them over any skin infection such as boils or pimples or rash to cure and heal them naturally.
Let’s start our pimple treatment by making these 3 versatile and extremely beneficial herbs infusion.
- Take a sauce pan and add approx. 1 cup of water to it
- Let the water come to boil
- Add 2 to 3 branches of Neem leaves to this boiling water
- Add 10 to 12 fresh Holy Basil leaves
- Add 2 whole Calendula / Marigold flowers to this boiling water
- Let it shimmer on low heat until the water level reduces to 3/4. Or until these herbs lose their color.
- Then switch off the flame and place a lid over this sauce pan and keep it aside until completely cool down.
- Once it cools down strain this Neem+Tulsi+Marigold infused water and keep it aside.
Now that our Neem+Tulsi+Marigold infused water is ready let’s move on to the next step.
Let’s get back to our 4 treatment steps.
While these herbs are shimmering, take this steam on your face for nearly 10 minutes.
This will loosen up the pimples or bring out the inner pimples to the surface.
Also, this step will clean the pores of our skin thoroughly and disinfect our skin.
2. Application of pimple removing disinfecting face pack
To make this disinfecting face pack;
- Take 1 tsp Bentonite clay or fuller’s earth
- 1 tsp Neem powder or ground dried Neem leaves
- Now, mix 3 tsp of Neem+Tulsi+Marigold infused water to it
- Add 1/8 tsp (10 drops) of Tea tree oil (*This step is optional)
- Mix all these ingredients and form a uniform smooth paste
Apply this paste all over your face and make an even layer.
Keep it on until dry and then wash your face with cold water.
After applying this face pack you will have a tingling feeling on your face because of neem and tea tree oil.
3. Application of pimple preventing face sheet mask
To make this pimple preventing and hydrating sheet mask;
- Take Neem+Tulsi+marigold infused water in a small container
- Add 5-6 drops of tea tree oil (It’s optional)
- Dunk a ready made compressed sheet mask into this infused water
- Apply it over your face.
- Apply the remaining mixture of this herb infused water and tea tree oil over the sheet mask.
- Keep it on until completely dry and then remove the sheet mask
- Massage until the remaining mixture gets completely absorbed into the skin.
The last step in this treatment is;
4. Neem + Tulsi + Calendula Ice massaging
- Pour the strained Neem + Tulsi + Marigold infused water into an ice tray (Preferably silicon ice tray so that it is easier to take out the ice cubes)
- Freeze it completely.
- And once completely frozen massage your face with this NTM infused ice cube to disinfect our skin and to heal and prevent pimples.
Try to be consistent with this Neem+Tulsi+Calendula ice massaging daily until you get the desired results.
If you can’t continue all these 4 steps then at least stick to NTM infused ice water ice cube massage daily at least for a month.
This will not only prevent pimples but also cure your other skin related issues such as blackheads, white heads, pigmentation and premature aging.
It will gradually make your skin brighter too.
Try this out if you are suffering from pimples and tell me how it helped you.
If you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comments.