Fenugreek seeds (famously known as “methi seeds” in India) is a type of spice that can be found in any household. But the benefits of these little golden seeds are very lesser known by most people.
Fenugreek seeds have proven to be extremely beneficial for a long time because of the enormous number of compounds present in them.
Apart from all other health benefits, Fenugreek seeds are also a rich source of vitamins such as Folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin B, and Vitamin C.
These tiny seeds also have an abundance of phytochemical compounds such as Choline, Trigonelline Diosgenin, Yamogenin, Gitogenin, Tigogenin and Neotigogens, which work together to give Fenugreek its medicinal properties.
From treating health ailments to fixing hair fall, fenugreek seeds act as a one-stop solution to all the problems.
Recent researchers have also claimed that Fenugreek seeds can provide extraordinary benefits for skin whitening, acne, and tightening skin as well.
Fenugreek seeds or Methi seeds have served as a multi-purpose herb to promote health and well-being as well as in treating many skin problems.
Nowadays, people have shifted from expensive artificial skincare products to natural organic products and DIYs as artificial products contain chemicals and preservatives.
These chemicals and preservatives strip the natural oils of the skin and are harmful to the skin that is evident after prolonged usage of the products.
Fenugreek is such an element that can be added to a daily skincare routine to treat multiple skin issues.
Many homemade products like creams, scrubs, and face packs can be made with this one magical element for skin lightening, whitening, and tightening naturally.
So, instead of searching for the perfect product to treat skin problems, all that is needed to be done is just pick up these golden seeds from the kitchen cabinet and prepare a multi-tasking concoction from that.
Fenugreek Seeds For Skin Tightening
5 ways to use fenugreek seeds (methi) for skin tightening are given below:
Fenugreek seeds with curd, honey and turmeric
- Take around half a cup of Fenugreek seeds. Clean the seeds properly by rubbing them on the palms so that there is no dirt left on the seeds.
- Put the seeds in the mixture grinder and grind until it becomes a soft powder. If you feel like the seeds are a little on the damp side then you can put the seeds out under the sun for about an hour and then grind them once they feel dry. (It should be noted here, that the seeds should not be dried by heating them on a gas stove or any kind of artificial source.)
- Take out the Fenugreek powder from the grinder in a bowl. Take 1 tsp of the powder in a mixing bowl and save the rest for future use in an air-tight container.
- Now, add half tsp of turmeric, 1 tsp of homemade curd (the curd that is available in the market can also be used but homemade curd is preferable), 1 tsp honey, and 1-2 tsp of rose water in the mixing bowl along with the Fenugreek powder and mix well until a fine paste is formed.
- Let the pack sit for 10-12 minutes. (Fenugreek is a hard seed so the powder is also on a harsh side when it is dry. Letting the mixture sit for some time will allow the fenugreek powder to soften by absorbing the water.) If the pack thickens, then add a little curd to it to get the desired consistency.
- Wash your face and apply the freshly made paste on the whole face. Do not forget to include the neck as well. Make a thick layer by repetitive application.
- Let the mixture sit on your face for 10-15 minutes
- Take a bowl filled with water (normal temperature) and a cotton towel.
- Dip the towel in the bowl of water, squeeze it and then start cleaning the face with the towel with soft hands. Repeat this until the whole face is completely clean.
- Finish the whole skincare regime by applying a good moisturizer to the face.
Fenugreek seeds with Multani mitti (bentonite clay) and aloe vera
- Take 1 tsp of clean dirt-free methi seeds and make a fine powder out of it.
- Take 1 tsp of Multani mitti (bentonite clay) and 2 tsp (approx) of aloe vera. (You can take any kind of Multani mitti or aloe vera that is available in the market.)
- Mix all three ingredients properly to make an even paste.
- Once you get a thick consistency, add more aloe vera gel little by little so that a paste-like consistency is achieved.
- The fenugreek powder and aloe vera get should always be added in a 1:2 ratio.
- Let the mixture sit for some time. As fenugreek seeds absorb water, so it will take some time to get that paste-like consistency. But patience is the key here.
- Apply the paste evenly on the face and the neck and let is it like that for 10 minutes.
- If it does not dry in the mentioned time then you can keep the mixture for a little longer until it is completely dry. Once the pack is dry, wash the face with fresh water.
Fenugreek seeds with rice flour, curd and honey
- Soak 1 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and leave it overnight in a container.
- Strain the seeds in the morning and grind them to get a chalky powder type texture. If it gets hard to grind then some drops of water can be added to the seeds.
- Take a mixing bowl and pour out the powder in that bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of rice flour, 1 tsp of curd and ½ tsp of honey to the bowl. Mix the ingredients well until a thick paste is formed.
- Wash the face before applying the mixture and start applying the mixture on a damp face. (This helps to soak in the goodness of the mixture into the skin).
- Let the mixture sit on the face for 15 minutes and then wash off.
- Using this mixture continuously for 20 days will give visible results to the skin.
- Besides the goodness of the main ingredient Fenugreek which contains Vitamin C and Carotene, the other ingredients in this pack are also of great importance for overall skin health.
- Rice flour contains phytic acid which provides nourishment to the skin.
- Yoghurt is a rich source of Vitamin B5 and D which also acts as a nourishing as well as a moisturizing agent for the skin.
- Honey contains 18 amino acids which help in improving skin health.
Fenugreek seeds with chickpea flour
- Take 2-3 tsp of Fenugreek seeds and soak them in a bowl of water for 10-15 minutes.
- Once the seeds are soaked for the above-mentioned time, transfer the soaked seeds (along with the water in them) into a pan or any container where they can be heated.
- Put the pan or the container on the gas stove or any heating source and let it boil for 5 minutes on full flame.
- Let the mixture cool down. Then transfer it to a bowl and store it in the freezer till the next morning.
- Take out the soaked seeds the next morning and grind them to make an even paste out of it.
- Now, add 1 tsp of chickpea flour to the paste and mix well. There should be no lumps present in the mixture.
- Apply a thick layer of the paste on the face and then take a normal sheet mask and put it over the face. This sheet mask will prevent the paste from falling off the skin and will keep the goodness locked in.
- Put the face pack like that for 30-35 minutes until it is completely dry.
- Now, remove the sheet mask slowly. Do not pull the sheet mask abruptly as this may pull the skin and cause problems.
- Start massaging the face slowly with wet hands until the whole pack comes off.
- Then wash the face with ice-cold water to finish the regime.
Fenugreek seeds with rose water and raw milk
- Take 1 tsp of Fenugreek seed powder in a bowl (it is better if you can stick to Fenugreek seed powder that is prepared at home).
- Now, start adding raw milk and rose water in equal quantities into the mixture and mix well until you can see that all three ingredients have completely blended.
- The prepared mixture should not be too thick or too runny inconsistency. It should be somewhat in between, like the texture of honey.
- Let the mixture rest for 15 minutes.
- Now, take the mixture in the fingertips and start massaging on the face in circular motions.
- After massaging for 5-7 minutes, let the pack sit on the face for 15 minutes.
- (Tip: You do not need to wash your face after applying this as this will wash off the goodness from the skin before getting completely absorbed.)
- Take a damp towel and clean the face with it. Remember not to rub the face rigorously as it will irritate the skin.
- Once the face is completely clean, keep the face like that for 1 hour and then wash it.
- Finish off by applying aloe vera gel to seal the goodness of the whole pack in the face.
- The goodness of the other ingredients used with fenugreek in making the face packs:
- Curd: A natural face cleanser and nourisher, contains lactic acid that acts as an exfoliator for the skin by dissolving dead skin cells and other skin impurities.
- Honey: Contains 18 amino acids that aid in improving the overall skin health, speeds up the healing processes of the skin.
- Turmeric: Has antioxidant properties, helps in skin rejuvenation, promotes skin healing.
- Multani mitti (Bentonite Clay): Natural cleanser and moisturizer, gentle on the skin, provides a cooling effect on the skin, soothes the skin.
- Aloe vera: Fights skin ageing, moisturizes and nourishes the skin, treats skin infections and provides further protection to the skin.
- Rice flour: Increases skin health and also helps in skin tightening, contains phytic acid which helps in providing nourishment to the skin.
- Chickpea flour: Helps in treating flaky and dry skin, moisturizes the skin.
- Rosewater: Balances the natural oils of the skin, acts as a hydrating agent, clarifies the ski