Soap making is really fun. We can experiment with different materials and make our own soaps at home.
In this article, I will be showing how to make licorice aloe vera soap at home.
Do you know most of the soaps available in the market are packed with chemically infused ingredients which can be very harmful to your skin?
Nowadays many organic and handmade soaps are available in the market, but all of them contain preservatives so that they can last long.
What if I tell you that you can make soaps very easily at home using organic and non-toxic ingredients?
So do you want to make your own soap at home with your preferred ingredients?
I bet you do. So let’s get started.
As mentioned earlier, in this article I am going to show you how to make aloe vera-licorice moisturizing soap at home.
Making this soap is very simple and take only a few minutes if you have all the ingredients ready.
Ingredients I am using here are:
- Freshly extracted aloe vera gel
(or aloe vera gel preserved with Vitamin C or Honey. You can check my this video about 5 ways to preserve aloe vera gel)
- Ready-made soap base slab. (I am using goat milk soap base)
- Licorice root powder
- Any of your favourite essential oil. I am using lavender essential oil
- Vegetable glycerine (If you are using aloe vera gel preserved with honey then skip this)
- Vitamin E tablets (If you are using aloe vera gel preserved with vitamin E then skip this)
- A heat resistant glass container to melt the soap base.
- A silicone soap mould ( I am using a smaller mould because I am not going to add preservative and this is only gonna last for 10 days max)
- Coconut oil to grease the mould &
- Empty soap cases
Method To Make Aloe Vera Licorice Soap:
- First, cut the soap base slab into small pieces.
- Add almost 1 cup of these pieces into a glass container.
- Melt them either by double boiler method or in the microwave.
- Once the soap base is completely melted remove it from heat and let it cool down a bit.
- Add 2 tsp of vegetable glycerine,
- Add 2 tablets of vitamin E
- Add ¼ cup (60ml) of freshly extracted aloe vera gel
- ¼ tsp of licorice root powder and stir until the licorice root powder mixes well.
- Finally, add 10-12 drops of lavender essential oil to it and stir.
- Grease the silicone soap mould with a little bit of coconut oil first. And pour this mixture. Let it cool down completely. It took 3 hours for mine to get completely solid.
Take out the soap cubes and store them in a soap case.
And our home made aloe vera gel liquorice soap is ready.
Aloe Licorice Soap’s skin benefits:
- The coarse grains of liquorice root powder acts as a scrubbing agent here
- Also, liquorice is a natural sunscreen. It also helps in lightening the skin tone.
- The aloe vera gel provides moisture and because of its antifungal and antibacterial properties prevents skin infections.
- Vegetable glycerine makes our skin smooth and supple and provides long-lasting moisture to our skin.
- Vitamin E maintains the skin’s elasticity and protects the skin from damage caused by UV rays.
- Lavender essential oil adds a soothing fragrance, soothes inflammation and protects from skin infections.
If you have any question, feel free to ask me in the comments.