In summers I usually soak fennel seeds and cumin seeds in 1 glass of water and in another glass of water, I soak black and brown raisins. Along with that, I soak 2 tbsp of chia seeds overnight.
And the second morning I drink these fennel seeds, cumin seeds and raisins infused water with 1 tbsp of soaked chia seeds on empty stomach.
To take these soaked raisins and chia seeds I also used to make this breakfast jar.
This is my personal favourite breakfast recipe.
I use Instant oats so it is not necessary to soak them overnight.
You can also prepare this breakfast jar by keeping it for 1 hour in the refrigerator too.
Let me share this recipe for a healthy breakfast jar with you all.
It is actually quite simple to make, looks attractive and tastes yummy.
To make this overnight jar there are 2 ingredients that need to be soaked overnight.
The first is black & brown raisins and the second is chia seeds.
It requires hardly 5 minutes to assemble this overnight jar, just make sure to soak around 2-3 tbsp of mixed brown and black raisins in 1 glass of water and 1 tbsp chia seeds in 1 cup of water the previous night.
Overnight soaked black and brown raisins
Soaked raisins have many health benefits. Most of the vitamins and minerals present in the skin of the raisins are water-soluble so soaking them overnight prepares them to get absorbed readily into our body when consumed.
- Full of dietary fibres which makes us full for a long time and also keeps our digestive tract clean and healthy.
- Full of antioxidants, vitamin C and B vitamins which help to boost our immunity.
- A good source of iron that prevents anaemia.
Overnight soaked chia seeds
- Excellent plant-based protein source plus they contain high amounts of Zinc.
- A rich source of fibre that’s the reason a little number of soaked chia seeds keep you full for a very long time and prevents bloating and constipation.
So first, strain the water out of the raisins and keep the soaked raisins aside. You can drink this water first thing in the morning. It is an excellent blood purifier and detoxes our body.
Then strain excess water from chia seeds and keep it aside.
The other ingredients we will require are:
An empty airtight mason jar
- Contains very powerful soluble fibres which aid constipation and keeps our bowel system regular.
- Full of antioxidants.
- A good source of protein and complex carbs.
Curd / Yoghurt
- Excellent probiotic which enhances our digestive performance.
- Very good for our digestion, immunity, skin and hair.
- The high content of calcium is necessary for good hair, teeth and bone health.
- Rich in fibre, antioxidants, proteins and essential nutrients.
- Excellent for our digestive system.
- Reduces inflammation.
- Increases the blood circulation and RBC count in our blood.
- Blood purifier.
And any seasonal fruit.
I am taking a banana.
It is quite simple just layer by layer keep adding all these ingredients in the mason jar.
- Take approx 2 tbsp overnight soaked black and brown raisins and add them to this mason jar.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp instant oats.
- Add 2 tbsp curd.
- Sprinkle a few pomegranate seeds and make a thin layer.
- Add 2 to 3 tsp of overnight soaked chia seeds.
Repeat these layers once or twice.
Close the lid and refrigerate this jar overnight.
- Take out the jar
- Add a few chunks of any seasonal fruits
- Sprinkle some ground cinnamon
- Sprinkle a few pumpkin seeds.
Mix all the ingredients and enjoy!
This one jar is a complete package to keep your gut healthy, clean and boost immunity. All the ingredients used in it are rich in many essential vitamins and minerals which not only keeps us healthy from the inside but also keep our skin, hair, eyes, teeth beautiful and healthy.
So what are you waiting for? Quickly make your overnight breakfast jar and tell me how do you like it? I swear you will forget other breakfast options once you will taste this one!
If you have any questions feel free to ask me in the comment section.