Morning smoothie for great hair and skin
No matter what and how much we apply on our skin or hair, the real difference in the glow and shine comes from within.
This is the reason make sure you eat and drink food items that reflect on your skin and hair.
In this article, I am going to tell you about my secret morning smoothie drink which has helped me tremendously in terms of hair and skin quality.
I have started drinking this smoothie since last few years. It was suggested to me by a renowned nutritionist.
How this smoothie can help?
After almost 8 to 10 hours of fasting when we wake up, our body is ready to absorb all the nutrition from whatever we put into our stomach first thing in the morning.
So it is crucial that we eat or drink nutrition-dense food in the morning.
This green smoothie contains all the necessary vitamins, minerals, amino acids, proteins and healthy fats necessary for healthy skin and hair, for weight loss as well as to maintain good health.
In this morning smoothie I have used;
- 1 full cup of spinach leaves (Spinach is very important when it comes to intake of Iron)
- 1 full cup of any other greens. I am taking;
- 7 to 8 holy basil leaves
- 8 to 10 mint leaves
- 1 branch of curry leaves
- 2-3 betel leaves and
- A handful of coriander leaves
How to make Green Smoothie?
Thoroughly wash all the greens and place them in a mixing jar.
- Now, add 1-inch peeled ginger to it.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of seeds mixture which contains sunflower seeds + watermelon seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- And add almost ¼ cup of water and grind all these ingredients together properly.
- Now add half a lemon
- ¼ tsp of black salt
- ¼ tsp of turmeric powder
- And ¾ cup of coconut water and grind again for 5 to 6 seconds. (You can also use ¼ cup of aloe vera gel instead of coconut water)
Mix it well.
And your super delicious and healthy green smoothie is ready.
You can also add banana, apple or any other fruit as well to make it more delicious.
Drink this smoothie and get your morning punch loaded with nutritions.
This will not only keep you energised the whole day but also will boost your immunity.
Try replacing your fatty, unhealthy breakfast with this nutritious glass of smoothie and feel the difference yourself.
I try and drink it thrice a week.
Watch the video for the smoothie recipe in detail:
Benefits of all the ingredients Used
1. Spinach – Rich in Iron, Magnesium, M manganese, Vitamin A, C, K. Contains proteins, fibre and 91% of water.
2. Coriander/Cilantro – Rich in Iron, Magnesium, Manganese, Calcium, Potassium, Thiamine, Niacin, Carotene, Vitamin C, K. And also contains dietary fibre and proteins.
3. Betel leaves – Full of vitamin C, Niacin, Thiamine, Carotene and Calcium
4. Holy Basil – Has anti-inflammatory and medicinal properties and boosts immunity.
5. Mint leaves – Aids digestion. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties.
6. Curry leaves – Contains Fibre, Proteins, Calcium, Phosphorus and other essential oils.
7. Coconut water – contains 94% water. Rich in Vitamin C, Magnesium, Manganese, Sodium, Protein, etc.
8. Seeds – (Watermelon seeds + Sunflower seeds + Pumpkin seeds) – Rich in Calcium, Zinc, Copper, Magnesium. Also contains dietary fibres, vitamins and phytochemicals 9. Chia seeds – Rich in Vitamin B1, B2, B3, Zinc, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorous, Calcium, Fiber, Proteins. 10. Lemon – Rich in vitamin C. Aids digestion. Detoxifies our gut. Boosts immunity and fat loss. Adds flavour.
Do give it a try and let me know if you have any questions.