I have been frequently asked for a recipe to make homemade face cream for oily skin type.
So in this article, I am going to show you how to make your own homemade face cream for oily skin type with all-natural ingredients.
I have combination skin type but I tried it on my husband’s super oily skin and fortunately, he liked it.
It is a non-comedogenic organic option which can be made with a few basic ingredients.
For this face cream, I have tried to put all the ingredients that are easily available in our house. Even if you don’t have them, you can get everything in a nearby medical shop.
Okay so let’s start making without any further adieu.
For this cream we need,
Any of your homemade face cream or multipurpose cream or any moisturizer
(To know how to make your homemade face cream in a systematic way click here)
I prefer to make my own face creams at home. However, if you do not have the time you can use any face cream available in the market.
Thick aloe vera gel
If you want to know how you can prepare your own market type thick aloe vera gel refer to my this video.
Or you can also use a ready-made aloe vera gel if you don’t have time or patience to make your own.
Skin benefits of aloe vera gel:
- Aloe vera gel penetrates into our skin and nourishes deeply as It gets absorbed very quickly.
- Aloe vera gel is known for its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti viral and antiseptic properties which protects our skin from skin infections and breakouts.
- Aloe vera gel is the best natural moisturizer.
- It boosts the collagen production on our skin making it supple and provides a natural and healthy glow to our skin.
Lacto calamine lotion
If you don’t want have excess to market based Lacto calamine lotion you can make your own by adding;
- Vegetable glycerine moisturizes our skin deeply.
- It seals the moisture in the upper layer of our skin making it supple.
- Glycerine is a perfect medium to dissolve kaolin clay and zinc oxide to make our homemade lactose calamine lotion.
Kaolin clay (White clay or China clay)
Kaolin clay also known as white clay, cosmetic clay or china clay. .
Skin benefits of Kaolin clay:
- Kaolin clay is rich in silica.
- It is very smooth in texture and mild on our skin.
- You can also add a small amount in your daily cleanser and clean your face regularly with it to get rid of the access oil.
Skin benefits of Zinc oxide:
- Zinc oxide protects our skin from clogging and causing acne.
- Zinc oxide provides protection against the harmful UV rays.
- Zinc oxide also forms a barrier on our skin against the environmental pollutants.
- 2 tbsp Kaolin clay
- 1 tsp Zinc oxide and
- around 1 tsp vegetable glycerine (Adjust the quantity of glycerine according to the consistency)
- and form a uniform paste.
Bentonite clay is made up from the weatherings of volcanic ash.
If you don’t have bentonite clay you can substitute it with fuller’s earth also known as ‘multani mitti’. Just make sure you grind it into a fine powder before use.
Skin benefits of bentonite clay:
- Bentonite clay absorbs excess oil from our skin giving it a mat and even finish.
- It removes impurities and toxins from our skin and also absorbs excess oil from our skin.
- People with oily skin must apply this clay mask once a day for healthy, beautiful, acne and blemishes free skin.
- There are three types of bentonite clays; 1. Sodium bentonite, 2. Potassium bentonite and 3. Calcium bentonite)
Your preferred essential oil
I am taking sandalwood essential oil & nutmeg essential oil.
(If you don’t have sandalwood essential oil you can also use any of the below mentioned essential oils;
Lavender essential oil,
Peppermint essential oil,
or Chamomile essential oil for the soothing feeling.
Skin benefits of these two essential oils:
- Sandalwood essential oil adds fragrance and also gives a cooling effect on the skin because of its cooling and anti-inflammatory properties
- Nutmeg essential oil has anti-bacterial, antiseptic and anti-fungal properties which protect our skin from acne.
- In an empty container add 1 tbsp of your regular face cream.
- Add ½ tsp of aloe vera gel and stir.
- Mix ¼ tsp of Lacto calamine lotion and
- ½ tsp of bentonite clay and stir well.
- In the end, add 5 to 6 drops of your preferred essential oil (I am adding 3-4 drops of sandalwood essential oil and 2 drops of nutmeg essential oil)
and stir well so that all the ingredients mix properly.
How to apply?
Take a small amount in your palm and apply evenly it on your entire face.
This cream has clay in it so it will give a mat finish to your face and the clay will soak the excess oil.
This is a day cream, don’t keep this on your face overnight as at night we need more moisturizing cream to nourish our skin.
Don’t worry about clay clogging the pores as when you will wash your face with water the clay will thoroughly cleanse your pores.
Do give it a try and don’t forget to share the results with me. If you have any questions regarding this feel free to ask me in the comment section.
To watch this video in Hindi language check out this video.