Summers can be extremely irritating and the scorching heat takes a toll on our hair, skin and health.
Don’t we often feel like dunking our heads in a bucket full of ice water or just put a chilled iced pack on our head?
Not only this but because of heat our scalp remains sweaty most of the time as a result of excessive perspiration, which leads to dandruff and other infections. Also, this exhausting heat expands the pores of our scalp, making the roots of our hair weak which leads to hair fall!
To prevent all these problems and to provide your hair and scalp with an instant freshness and life, I am sharing my recipe to make a hair tonic specially meant for summers with the use of all-natural and easily available ingredients.
The ingredients used in this summer hair tonic have cooling and anti-inflammatory properties which will not only give life to your hair and scalp but also are loaded with nutrients, vitamins and minerals.
To make this hair tonic, there are two ingredients you need to soak overnight or for 7-8 hours. So it is necessary you plan this one day in advance.
What do we need for this Natural Hair Tonic?
- Pre soaked fennel seeds water
- Pre soaked coriander seeds water
- Half a cucumber
- Freshly extracted aloe vera gel If you don’t have fresh aloe vera gel then you can also use aloe vera gel preserved with vitamin E
- A handful of fresh coriander leaves
- Vitamin E capsule
- Peppermint essential oil You can also use your preferred essential oil if you don’t have it.
- An empty spray bottle
How to Make the Natural Hair Tonic?
In two glass containers, soak 1 tbsp of each fennel seeds and coriander seeds in 1 cup of water and keep them overnight. And strain their water the next day.
Just strain the soaked water into the mixing jar. In this mixing jar, add 3 tbsp of freshly extracted aloe vera gel, 6 to 7 slices of cucumber, a handful of fresh coriander leaves, 1 capsule of vitamin E and grind them until it forms a smooth paste.
Strain the liquid out of this paste using a muslin cloth.
(You can either use this residue as your face pack or just add in your plants as natural fertilisers)
Add 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil and stir well. Fill this liquid into an empty spray bottle.
Mix it well and let it rest.
And our summer special hair tonic is ready to use!
Keep this tonic in the refrigerator for half an hour for more cooling effect.
How to Use this Natural Hair Tonic?
First, make the centre partition and divide your hair into two parts and spray this tonic in your scalp evenly. (Watch the video for more detail)
You can also use a cotton ball, dip into this tonic and dab into the hair partitions like this.
Do a mild massage for 5-10 minutes.
Please be gentle and do not rub with force.
Now spray this tonic in your hair and squeeze the hair lightly so that the tonic gets properly absorbed in the hair.
Once the hair tonic is evenly spread over your entire scalp and hair, tie and cover your hair with a head towel so that it doesn’t drip.
Keep it on for half an hour to one hour and rinse your hair with normal water.
Do not use hot water.
Also, don’t apply shampoo on the same day. You can shampoo your hair the next day.
In summers or hot weather, you can use this tonic once or twice a week.
How to Store Natural Hair Tonic?
As this hair tonic and serum contains all-natural ingredients and there are no preservatives, it is necessary to store it in the refrigerator. So make sure you use it within a span of 2-3 days.
You might also like to read –
Benefits of Ingredients Used in this Hair Tonic:
All the ingredients we have used in this hair tonic have cooling and anti-inflammatory properties. This will give a soothing effect to your scalp and give a unique freshness to your hair.
Fennel seeds are rich in Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Calcium, Phosphorus and Iron. Fennel seeds water helps to prevent hair loss. The antioxidants and nutritions present in fennel seed give life to hair follicles and strengthen the roots.
Fennel seeds water maintains the PH balance of our scalp and prevents any infection and dandruff as well as thoroughly hydrates our scalp.
Fennel Seeds Benefits For Hair
Fennel seeds are mostly known for culinary purposes but it has some other uses as well, it can be used as a herb for curing various problems related to stomach, skin, and hairs.
Some of the common uses of Fennel Seeds for hair are-
- Fennel seeds are mostly known for their strong and amazing taste but it has additional benefits such as Vitamin C, Iron, Calcium, and magnesium which promotes hair growth.
- Fennel seeds can be used along with essential oils or with coconut and olive oil to make hair strong and healthy, they prevent hair damage and make the roots strong so that there would be no hair loss.
- Fennel seeds have good antioxidant properties and this property can help to prevent hair loss as the free radicals present due to oxidative substances can cause hair fall and hair damage.
- Antimicrobial properties of fennel seeds are extremely beneficial for cleansing of the scalp as it reduces the excessive protein build-up which is the main cause of dry scalp.
- It makes the scalp moisturized and promotes hair growth.
- As we observe that people nowadays have severe hair problems such as greying of hairs and hair fall at a very early age this can be because of the stress hormone, fennel seeds can reduce hormonal imbalance caused due to stress hormones.
- Fennel seeds maintain the pH balance of the scalp, applying fennel seed powder on the scalp can reduce dryness and itchiness on the scalp and makes it hydrated and clean.
- Fennel seeds can be boiled in water so that it releases its nutrients, this water can be used spices hairs as it helps in strengthening the hairs. It makes the root of hairs strong to prevent hair loss.
Coriander seeds & Fresh Coriander Leaves
Pre soaked coriander seeds water – Coriander seeds help to fortify the roots of our hair follicle and it is excellent to boost the hair regrowth.
Coriander Seeds Benefit for Hairs
Coriander seed is one of the most popular spices that provides great taste to the dishes but it also has several medicinal benefits, one such is for the growth of hairs.
Major benefits of coriander seeds for hairs are-
- Coriander seeds have various essential nutrients along with vitamin C and calcium, these nutrients provide strength to the hair follicles that prevent hair loss.
- Coriander seeds help to remove harmful toxins from the body that can be fatal to skin and hairs as various toxins and chemicals lead to imbalanced hormones and that can be a root cause of various hair problems thus removing toxins one can get strong hairs.
- Soaked coriander seeds in water and then separate the seeds from the water this left out water can boost hair growth as it is a rich source of vitamins like A, C, and K. Vitamins and minerals are important for our hair growth, therefore, this water can prevent hair damage as well as it can increase the volume of hairs.
- Coriander seeds can be grinded into powder and then can be mixed with rose water or with milk to cleanse the scalp, this will serve as a purpose of masking that will help to reduce dryness and will make the scalp hydrated.
- Stress could be one of the possible reasons for hair fall, coriander seeds have certain compounds that can help to reduce stress and will prevent hair loss.
- Coriander seeds can help to reduce dandruff as it is a good exfoliating agent, roughly grind coriander seeds can be gently applied on the scalp so that it can exfoliate the scalp to prevent dandruff.
- Coriander seeds are an easily available ingredient that is simple to use therefore it should be included in daily routine as it is full of nutrients that help to promote hair growth and reduce hair damage.
Cucumber – Cools down the irritated scalp and promotes healthy hair growth. Cucumber contains silicon and sulphur which stops hair fall issues. Because of the minerals and vitamins present in cucumber, it helps to repair the damaged hair and makes our hair shiny.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera gel – Strengthens our hair and scalp, prevents scalp infections, prevents dandruff, stimulates hair growth, moisturizes our hair and scalp.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Gel For Hairs
Aloe vera is a widely used plant that consists of various essential elements for our body, and it is a popular remedy to cure problems related to Skin and Hair.
Benefits of Aloe vera gel for hairs are-
- Aloe vera gel has antioxidant properties which can help to reduce toxins responsible for, causing hair loss
- Aloe vera gel is an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and E. These vitamins provide nourishment to hair follicles and prevent hair damage
- Antibacterial and antifungal properties of Aloe vera gel makes it perfect to cure itchy scalp and it also helps to control dandruff which is caused due to pollution
- Aloe vera gel forms a protective layer on the scalp that prevents hair loss and rejuvenates it for better hair growth
- People can use aloe gel for styling purposes instead of chemical products that can damage hairs, aloe gel has natural properties that can make hair look shiny and frizz-free
- Aloe vera gel can be used with onion juice to stimulate hair growth as it has essential minerals like zinc and copper that can be beneficial to repair damaged hair strands
- Aloe vera gel have proteolytic enzymes that help to remove dirt and dead skin present on the surface of the scalp, it has conditioning properties that make hair smooth
- Lime can be mixed with aloe gel and this mixture can be used as a mask that will help to remove excess oil and will reduce dandruff, aloe gel has salicylic and amino acids that combine with citric acid to clear the scalp
- Aloe vera gel provides nourishment to the roots of the hair which in turn promotes new hair growth, aloe gel is the best solution for various problems related to hair, therefore, to make hair strong and healthy one must use this remedy.
You might also like to read –
- How To Use Aloe Vera Gel – 16 Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Make Aloe Vera Powder at Home (Video Tutorial)
Vitamin E – Protects our hair and scalp from free radicals. Boosts hair growth and strengthens our hair.
Benefits of Vitamin E for Hair
Vitamin E is a compound that contains fat-soluble antioxidants that can help to protect hairs from damage and it will boost new hair growth.
We can get Vitamin E from various sources such as from almonds, peanuts, green leafy vegetables, and from many other sources, a diet containing vitamin E in the proper amount can help to cure various problems related to skin and hair.
Oils containing Vitamin E makes the hair lustrous and shiny by removing excessive dirt from the scalp caused due to air pollution.
Vitamin E balances the pH level on the scalp reduces excessive oil production which is a major cause of dandruff and itchiness.
Vitamin E stimulates the synthesis of collagen which is used to build keratin, keratin is considered to be the main hair protein that helps to make hair stronger and it is also responsible to increase hair length.
Vitamin E had antioxidant properties that can help to improve the quality of hairs and can make the hair thick and shiny.
According to a study vitamin E can increase blood circulation that promotes new hair growth.
Vitamin E creates a protective layer over the scalp that makes the scalp hydrated as well as reduces dryness that is caused due to damaged skin cells.
Vitamin E protects the lipid layer of hairs hence increases the volume of hairs.
People face several hair problems one such as premature greying of hairs, vitamin E is a rich source of antioxidants that can prevent greying and hair damage as it builds damaged hair tissues.
The other problem which is quite common is split ends, split ends stop the hair growth, Vitamin E is a good conditioning agent that nourishes the scalp and reduces the chances of getting hair damage or splits ends.
Peppermint Essential Oil
Stimulates fresh blood flow to our scalp and boosts hair growth. Also fights the infections and gives a cooling effect to our scalp.
You can also prepare your hair serum by adding 1 tsp of fennel seeds water with 1 tbsp of aloe vera gel and 2-3 drops of vitamin E!
Rub it in your palms and just spread on your towel-dried hair evenly and scrunch if you have curly hair like me.
You can also use this tonic as a face mist in summers!
Just take out from the refrigerator and spray on your face to give your face skin an instant glow and freshness.
By the way, if we subtract vitamin E and essential oil from this, it can be a very refreshing summer drink too.
Regular use of this hair tonic will make your hair shiny, healthy, and strong. Also, it has the power of boosting re-growth of hair. So, if you are tense because of the hair fall In this weather try this homemade hair tonic.
Flaunt your shiny hair this summers with this hair tonic and stop worrying about hair related problems!
If you have any questions regarding this feel free to ask in the comments.