Pimples, pimple marks, scars, and pigmentation on the face are very common skin-related issues we face in our day to day life.
There are times when we just ignore them but most often we get irritated and frustrated trying to get rid of them.
What Causes Pimples And Scars?
There are many factors responsible for pimples or pimple prone skin such as:
- Unhealthy Food habits – It is very important to follow a healthy lifestyle not only to maintain our health but also to maintain healthy skin and hair.
- Less water intake – Water plays a very important role in keeping our skin moist, supple and toxin-free.
- Not maintaining skin’s hygiene – It is necessary to follow the cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine along with weekly pampering of our skin with scrub and face packs.
- Hormonal imbalance – They play a very important role in causing pimples on our face. So make sure to keep them under control.
- Stress – The worst enemy for our overall health, skin and hair. Try to keep it under control by meditation or engaging yourself in your favourite hobby every now and then.
- Not sanitising our phones, cushion covers and bed sheets regularly – We neglect this aspect most of the time. But is very important to protect our skin and hair from harmful bacterias accumulated on these surfaces.
- Weather conditions – Well, we can’t control this aspect. But we can adapt prevention measures like applying sunscreen before stepping out in the harsh sun or covering our face and hair with a cloth or other accessories to prevent dust accumulation on our skin and also, by religiously following our CTM (cleansing+toning+moisturising) routine.
Pigmentation and Causes
Pigmentation is a very common issue in many dark skin tones. In summers our skin gets patchy very easily because of the harsh UV rays!
To prevent pigmentation try to avoid direct sunlight or wear a good quality sunblock whenever you step out!
5 Methods To Prevent Pimples, Pigmentation And Scars
There are 5 methods I have shared in this article which have proven beneficial for me, my friends and family to cure such skin-related issues.
Face packs for pimples, pimple marks and pigmentation
1. Nutmeg Face Pack
Honestly, this recipe I got from my mom. Well, let me tell you my mom has never used any market-based cosmetics in her entire life and has never ever gone to any salon. And still, she has clear, healthy and blemish-free skin.
Okay, so for this the main ingredient we will be needing is a nutmeg.
Nutmeg, which is also known as Jaifal in India, is an exotic spice.
Nutmeg properties and benefits;
- Nutmeg has amazing water absorbing and drying up qualities which dries up the pimples.
- Nutmeg is excellent in treating pimples and any other skin infections because of its anti bacterial and anti inflammatory properties.
- Nutmeg contains magnesium, manganese, copper, vitamin B1 and B6.
- It enhances our skin complexion with regular use.
- Nutmeg is the most useful ingredient to even out pigmentation.
- Nutmeg oil shrinks pores because of its astringent properties.
If you have acne-prone skin you must include nutmeg in your skin care routine.
How to make?
Take a mortar and pestle and add a bit of raw milk (approx. 1/4 tsp)
*You can also substitute raw milk with coconut milk.
Now rub a nutmeg in this mortal and pestle with the raw milk until the milk becomes pinkish and the consistency becomes creamier.
Take a cotton swab and apply this paste on your breakouts.
Keep it until dry and then wash your face. Or if it suits your skin then you can keep it overnight too.
You can also apply this as a face pack. Just apply this paste on your entire face evenly.
Keep it on until dry and then wash your face or you can keep it overnight too. For that massage, your face gently for 5-10 minutes and then soak the excess paste by a dry tissue and then keep it overnight.
Regular use of this will fade away from your scars and pigmentation and also if you have pimple-prone skin this mask is your ultimate solution.
If you have nutmeg powder then you can also make a face mask with;
1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder
1 tsp of curd
5-6 drops of lemon.
*Repeat the same procedure as mentioned above.
2. Chironji face pack
Chironji also is known as charoli, are nutty flavoured seeds which are majorly used in many Indian sweets and other food recipes.
Chironji seeds properties and benefits;
- Chironji seeds are rich in vitamins and minerals which are very beneficial for healthy skin.
- Chironji seeds contain B vitamins such as vitamin B1, B2. They also contain vitamin C and Niacin which are extremely beneficial to maintain healthy and glowing skin.
- Chironji seeds are natural coolant with anti-inflammatory properties, which soothes and heals sunburn or pimple inflamed skin.Â
This face pack will moisturise your skin and remove dark spots and blemishes.
Regular use of this mask will even out your skin tone removing all the scars and pigmentation and it will heal the pimples.
How to make?
There are two methods you can make your chironji seeds face pack;
In the first method, soak half a tsp of chironji seeds in 1 tsp of raw milk overnight and the second day make a fine paste out of it using a mortar and pestle.
And in second method you can take half a tsp of chironji seeds and make a powder using a mortar and pestle and then gradually add raw milk blending both together to make a smooth paste.
Dab a cotton bud in this paste and apply on pimples. Let it dry and then wash.
You can add a little more raw milk or rose water to make the consistency little thin and apply on your entire face as a face pack. Do a mild massage for approximately 5 minutes.
Once it dries out, massage gently and exfoliates your skin. In the end, wash your face to remove the leftover mask.
You can substitute raw milk with coconut milk.
Apply this face mask at least once a week to get clear and glowing skin.
3. Tea tree essential oil face pack :
This is my all-time go-to remedy for pimples, dandruff or any other skin related problems.
It is super easy and effective.
According to me, everyone must have at least 2 essential oils; they are tea tree essential oil and lavender essential oil.
Tea tree essential oil is very strong so it is necessary to dilute it with any other plant-based oils. And nothing beats coconut oil when it comes to antifungal and antibacterial properties.
*Another best alternative for coconut oil is Aloe Vera gel with tea tree essential oil.
If you have pimple-prone skin then make tea tree essential oil your best friend.
Tea tree essential oil properties and benefits;
- Tea tree oil has anti-microbial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it perfect to treat pimples and other skin related infections.
Regular use of this will prevent your skin from breakouts and also will fade away the scars and pigmentation gradually.
How to make?
Take 1 tsp of coconut oil and add 2 to 3 drops tea tree essential oil into it.
Stir and dab a cotton bud into it and apply on the pimples.
(*Adjust the drops quantity according to how your skin reacts to tea tree essential oil. Don’t exceed 5 drops)
You can also keep it overnight.
To prevent future breakouts take your night cream and add a little amount of this mixture in it and apply it on your face. Do a light massage and keep this overnight.
(*Please be extra careful tea tree essential oil doesn’t go into your eyes)
Apply it every day until you achieve the desired results.
4. Barley flour face pack
Barley, also known as Jau in India has many skincare benefits.
Barley properties and benefits;
- Barley is packed with a lot of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals necessary for healthy skin.
- The zinc content of barley prevents our skin from breaking out as well as heals the wounds.
- The selenium content of barley helps to maintain our skin’s elasticity.
- Because of its anti-inflammatory property it reduces acne and fights other infections.
Regular use of Barley face pack brightens our skin tone and reduces pigmentation.
How to make?
Take 1 tsp of barley flour.
Add half a lemon to it and mix.
Add half a tsp of Aloe Vera gel and mix.
And a little rose water to form a fine paste.
*You can skip Aloe Vera gel from this if it is not suiting your skin type.
Dip a cotton bud and apply on your pimples and wash away when completely dry.
You can also apply this on your face as a face pack.
Slowly scrub away the mask once completely dry.
You can immediately see the results as it will make your skin soft, smooth and glowing.
5. Green tea face pack
Green tea properties and benefits;
- Green tea has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Which makes it effective against pimples and other bacterial infections.
- The vitamin B-2 in green tea rejuvenates our dull lifeless skin and makes it healthier.
Honey properties and benefits;
- Raw honey contains anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Also, honey contains essential amino acids, fatty acids, vitamin B and antioxidants which protects our skin from free radicals and other breakouts, making it healthy, glowing and supple.
Combining it with green tea makes a powerful combo to fight acne and to soothe the inflammation as well as to fade away the scars and pigmentation.
How to make?
First, boil 1 cup of water.
Add 2 green tea dips into this hot water and let them steep for 2 minutes.
Now, take a face towel and dip it in this hot freshly brewed green tea and keep it over your freshly washed face for 5 minutes.
This will open the pores and green tea will clean the pores.
Now take a cotton bud and dip it into the honey and apply it over your breakouts first.
Cut open the used green tea dips and add the wet green tea leaves in a bowl and add a little honey to form a paste.
Then apply this green tea and honey paste over your entire face as a face pack.
Once the face pack dries completely, scrub your skin with it gently and remove the mask and wash your face.
Regular use of this mask will brighten your complexion as well as will keep your skin well moisturised and nourished.
Try out all 5 face packs initially to figure out the one face pack which suits you the best and make it a habit to apply that face pack once or twice a week!
Make it a habit to apply these face masks at least once or twice a week for a month to see a visible difference in your skin quality.
Exited to hear from you guys about your results. Please write to me in the comment section below.
To watch it in Hindi check out the below-attached video;
Over to you..
Let me know what works best for you in the comments below..